Thursday, March 02, 2006

March (and April) Madness

So I have kind of foisted upon my Spouse the idea that we should spend the next month or so really taking care of some of the house business that we want to fix up. Problem is, we are really short on money right now. Reallllllly short (see Checking Plus game below, but as I said before, it's so not a game!). So I made a very long and detailed list of things we should try to take care of, including

* fixing up the bathroom--new fixtures, vanity, removal of shower door, regrouting, etc
* taking wallpaper down from a bedroom
* outside fixes, including new light fixtures, etc.
* patching (or re-sheetrocking) walls in another bedroom

* But at the same time, another goal is to pay down the credit card another certain amount, and maybe that won't happen if the money is being funneled into a new sink or grout or whatnot.

If I were really ambitious, I'd just post the whole list. But I've got to admit, I'm one of the silly listmakers who includes even the smallest things just for the sake of being able to cross off as many items as possible.

If anyone has advice about taking down shower doors (does taking them down mar up the bathtub surface?) or grout or coming into easy money, I'd be grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home