Monday, April 24, 2006

The Deal with Deal or No Deal


Channeling my inner Jerry Seinfeld: So, what's the deal with Deal or No Deal?

Question #1: Is there any show or job, even, that requires less skill? Does anyone know people who have tried out for the game? What the heck skill/qualities (other than stupidity and testosterone) are these producers looking for in contestants? I tried out for Jeopardy once. They hit me with some very impossible to answer questions and I floundered. So what do they do with DOND people?

Question #2: What's with all of the contestants being jocky, overtestosteroned idiots who do the fist-pump and the Hoo-Hoo-Hoo thing? There are these jerks, with an every now and then, got-it-together black woman thrown in.

Question #3: What's your Deal or No Deal threshold? It's easy to sit at home and scream at the TV, who do you think you are, you can't afford to pass this up-- take the money and run? What's the number at which you would say, buh-bye, I'm outta here? For me, it's probably in the 120k zone. Yes, I'm a cheap date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home